Thursday, July 5, 2012

2 month appointment

The 2 month appointment went great! Dr. Harkness is amazing; he loves Wes so much and he's always so kind to us that it doesn't phase me that we drive 45 minutes to see him. At this appointment, Wes got his second round of shots (2, poor thing!) and an oral thing. I know, I know, I should know what my kid is getting at these appointments, but honestly I wouldn't not get my kid immunized. And just because Wes has Ds, it hasn't truly made me more neurotic, thank God! I'd be the same with any other baby! Anywho, my little Poodles is getting so big; well, so big for such a little squirt. :-)

May 25th - 1 month appointment
Weight: 7lbs, 7oz. (2nd percentile)
Height: 20-3/4" (10-25th percentile)
Head: 14" (5-10th percentile)


July 5th - 2 (ish) month appointment
Weight: 9lbs., 12oz (2nd percentile)
Height: 22-1/4" (10th percentile)
Head: 15" (25th percentile)

Though his percentiles haven't changed much, I am just so happy this boy is losing his chicken legs and is gaining a killer double chin. He's close to looking like his daddy! On a side note, my doctor showed me documentation that they don't suggest using the outdated Ds growth charts anymore and to continue using the one for "typical" children. Glad Wes is part of the CHOP growth study so new growth charts can be developed! It's so awesome how our kids with Ds are getting healthier and taller that the new charts are needed to accurately reflect our kids!

One little thing that we need to pay attention to are Wes' "boys". Dr. Harkness noticed that Wes had fluid around is right boy since he was born. At today's appointment he was a little concerned because the swelling has spread into leftie as well. We made an appointment with a pediatric surgeon at CHOP to see if Wes indeed has hydrocele and if it should be operated on. The concern here is that if it is not operated on, his little organs could moved down into the herniated area, thus resulting in emergency surgery. I'd rather not chance that.  Once we get more details, I will make sure to update y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment