Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Vacations galore!

Sorry for the brief hiatus, but the past few weeks have proven to be busy - in a good way! However, I don't think my poor felines were too thrilled by our absence. {read: puke around house, poop outside of litter box. It's a shame I love them so much, ha!}

I haven't been up to writing too much lately; I've lost my pep. Could be the heat, could be being a new mom, could be our 2 weeks of vacation, 30+ hours in the car and recovering from wisdom teeth extraction - you know, the usual. Whatever it is, I have no inspiration at this point. Sometimes that's not a bad thing since it means nothing has happened to bring strong emotions to print. I'm content. I'm absolutely in love with my boy, my life, and where it's going. Things are really good right now.

Without further ado, here are pics from the past few weeks. Enjoy!

 Lake Seneca: Wineries, hike, wineries, brewery, heat wave, no a/c, D'ah! Was awesome until Hell took over the thermostat in a vacation home without air-conditioning. ;-)

Lake Senaca!



View from our house



Watkins Glenn Gorge

 

 It started out lovely...



 



Little man hated the hike. I don't blame him! It was the beginning of the heatwave and we were sweating! So, yes - he did survive the gorge! Oh, and I'm pretty sure he was the youngest to climb the gorge at 9 weeks old!



Daddy had the pleasure of walking Wes back down... fortunately we took the easier, more shaded trail. As you can see, Wes was pooped. 


Insert high pitched daddy squeal. Yes, daddy - not Wes.



Happy boys AFTER their banana splits. Ugh, I missed it!




Rammie boys need a lot of exercise. By this picture, so does their TT (me).



Beautiful, airconditionless nights...



Fishing in Lake Seneca!


Group Hug Apparel was right along with us!


My nephew, Danny... His birthday always falls around vacation time. Lucky little squirt! Mine was always the first day of school!



These two are destined to be buddies for life!


 
My first baby... my godson and nephew


I love my baby boy... Huge event happened this day. Wes smiled with purpose and cooed a sweet laugh - like an owl. who, who, WHO! 9 weeks, 4 days... he still loves to smile and laugh!


After a week break at home, we headed down to Ocean Isle Beach, NC. This was a fantastic trip as well, but this time we had babysitter - oh yea! Thanks Mimi and Pop! Our week consisted of a movie, dinners out, visiting Wilmington, AC/DC cover band (yes, you read the correctly!), and tennis - just the two of us! This is a rarity with little man.

We didn't take too many pictures this trip. We were loving just taking in the sites and relaxation.

Daddy trying to get Wes laughing



Mommy knows how to get him going... "I eat yo face!"


"Mommy! Don't eat my face!"


Wes and Percy the Pussy Cat called it a truce. They're buddies now. You should hear the conversations between these two!



Battleship in Wilmington




I was obsessed trying to find the alligators! 
"Here Charlie! Here Charlene!"



Still trying to avoid photos - sigh... 20lbs to go!


Mimi and Pop!


I don't think Mimi or Pop put Wes down once this week. He is so loved... and spoiled. We're on reset mode this week, ha! Just kidding!





What a love!


I'm hoping to write again soon, I just need motivation. Right now I am just enjoying the peacefulness of summer.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had a great time; I am jealous as you got to go to Wilmington, NC which is where I am from. I'm in TX right now and sooooo miss being near the beach!!
    Wes is such a little cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stacia!

    We did have a great time, thank you! Wilmington is beautiful, isn't it? You're very lucky to have grown up here! My friend (another Ds momma)lived here while in college, and I believe after college as well. She was rather jealous as well. (skiingthroughlife.wordpress.com)

    I can't wait to go back, but we consistently head to that area when there's crummy, or beastly hot weather! I could only imagine how Texas is right now! I fry...

    ReplyDelete