Sunday, June 3, 2012

Dealing with labor

So, how did you get "in the zone" to have your baby?

Was is a song? a mantra? a picture? nothing? 

Please share!

As all of you know by my dramatic sounding birth story, I was in gobs of pain. Towards the end of my physical pain {i.e. pre-epidural/ spinal} I relied on these two songs to get me in the mode. Strange? Yes, but it worked to subside the paid for at least 20 minutes before getting relief. At least now John knows why I asked him to shut up when ever he asked, "Honey, how are you doing?" Mental response: "I'm in the zone, JA!" {Who asks that during labor? LOL}



1 comment:

  1. I did an 'active birth' class through a local pregnancy yoga organisation and read the book on Hypnobirthing, which definitely set the scene for me to want a natural birth. But I could have all the theories in the world about having an active birth, setting the mood with lighting, music, etc - when I actually went into labour, all I wanted was to lie still, in silence with my eyes closed ;) I believe that we all 'run our own race' when it comes to birthing and what works for one person won't necessarily work for another. But I'd definitely recommend hypnobirthing for getting you in the right frame of mind for round 2 x

    ReplyDelete