Tuesday, October 16, 2012

There's been a lot of changes going on around here...

I'm back.

I'm not sure for how long, but at least for this instance I am back.

September was hard. October got a little better.

Wes was hospitalized... I became a complete shut-in because of this... some complete shit head troll wrote on my other blog nasty things about my son being defective (I have the capability of finding you and I will blast your city and street if it happens again)... my friend, who is momma to one of Wes' spring birth buddies, lost her husband tragically... It was just one thing on top of another, and I have the complete inability to not take on others' pain.

....


Wes was diagnosed with *significant* obstructive sleep apnea and he aspirates anything that is not thickened to a honey like consistency.

We were in the hospital from September 4th (date of sleep study) until September 9th. It was overwhelming, confusing and scary.

He stopped breathing at night.

He showed little signs of difficulties.

His Oxygen was at 67. It should not be less than 92.

His Carbon Dioxide was in the 70s.It should not be higher than 40.

Low oxygen input and carbon dioxide output = slow growth, headaches, sweating in sleep, low cognition, behavior problems, etc.

Wes is now on a BiPAP.

At first, we were frightened. I was frozen in fear that all I could do was do my best for Wes. Blogging was last on my mind.

Wes has changed.

He has grown... oh has he grown! In 5 weeks, my sweet love tips the scales at 15lbs, 10oz and 24" long! He's 5th% in height and 25th% in weight on a typically developing scale. Remember when he could barely gain an ounce? I do. That will never leave me.

He has....

Gotten his voice. Seriously... this kid is chatty, spicy, boisterous, funny, loud, and at times, grouchy! I love it.
 
Grown even more active than before...

Become a mommas boy...

There's so much. I want to catch up with you all. I just can't guarantee that will happen. Wes wants me all of the time. I love him so much, I can't say no.

....






 





4 comments:

  1. I have been thinking of you. I'm glad to hear you're okay, but I'm sorry you've had to go through the scary experience of the sleep apnea (and the nasty troll - some people are so nasty and obviously not worth wasting energy on, but also so hard NOT to take those things to heart). So great that your beautiful boy is gaining weight and finding his voice. Look forward to hearing from you whenever you can manage it xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Thanks so much - it was quite the crummy month and yes, very difficult not to freak out on a troll. The world's got them, and who the heck knows why they love to rile others up. Whatever, that person is clearly a moron.

      Thank you for thinking of us!

      Delete
  2. Glad to see you're back.......I was hoping to hear good news about Wes. I love those pics of him on his tummy looking at his toys....he is growing up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is getting so big! I can't wait to get some good video of him. You know, video of him not from my phone... :) He really is getting big and strong. Love it!

      Thank you also for thinking of us!

      Delete