Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Major withdrawal {Already, and I'm not even off yet }

I think I'm getting hives.

My cortosol levels are rising and my belly is bloated.  {Could be the muffins I'm scarfing, but whatever.}

Bacne is back! {D'ah! I'm in a wedding this weekend!}

I'm freaking out!

8 years!  My marriage with Mr. Facebook (Mr. F... Big)  has lasted a solid run and my feelings towards him has become toxic. These feelings have been bubbling beneath the surface for awhile and now I'm telling him, "No more!"

No more.

NO MORE??

Wait, WAIT... Really?

Ugh. Yes. Really.

One solid month without good ole reliable Mr. F. My milk to my Cheerios, my Frosty to my McDonald's fries, my ketchup to my ketchup. Yes, you read that correctly. { Cue sappy mini violin melody. }

It's only a short breakup you see. I have everything under control. Like any addict, I tell myself I don't have a problem. I couldn't admit that I had a problem until I sat back and thought about my life. Every time I experienced something ( heartache, happiness, frustration, gas) the first person I wanted to tell was Mr. F.  The thought of not sharing my inner thoughts and flatulence with him is anxiety inducing to say the least. It's gotten to the point that I tell Mr. F before my other man.

"Didn't you read on the Facebook invite anything about Wes's Buddy Walk? You were invited. You are his father."

Yes. That really happened.

So anyways... I'm in a state of disbelief that I am ending my near-decade long love affair, even though it's just for one month. It's grossly tragic, yet exhilarating at the same time. 

I dread not knowing when I miss a birthday, marriage, baby tooth, etc.

I hate not being up to date on the mundane day to day stuff.

I want to see your dog's / baby's pictures.

Maybe we can, I don't know ... talk on the phone?

Call me, maybe?

Friday{ish} is the day. Til when? December 8th.

2 comments:

  1. I'm impressed. I know that I should take an FB break, but it is so addictive, isn't it? Good on you. Hope you enjoy the peace and all the extra quality time with your gorgeous boys x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I am not the only addict! I hope I can hold out. I just feel really crappy that Facebook has become an extension of my life. Iyiyi! Now I am going to have to start cleaning my house because I have nothing {but the blog} to hold me back from procrastinating.

      Delete